An introduction to R-scripting for market researchers and data analyst
This MOAcademy is an introduction to R-scripting for market researchers and data analysts. R is used as part of the data analysis toolchain in some of the biggest companies in the world. Nebu is a co-organizer of the R-training.
How often is R being used in market research and business analytics?
- In 2015 Rexer Analytics survey reported a surge in R use. Where only 23% of the respondents indicated to use R in 2007, that number had risen to 76% in 2015. 36% reports R as their primary tool for analysis.
- Burtch Works, a recruiting company for quantitative business professionals, has been analyzing the usage of SAS and R for last three years, and since 2016 also Python. The report indicates that R as the most used tool of the three, with 42% of respondents indicating they choose R over the other two, whereas only 39% chooses SAS.
Why use R?
- R is a tool tailored for all kinds of quantitative research
- R is cost effective
- R can easily be inserted in a complex toolchain
- R is arguably the most thoroughly tested analysis software
- R has an impressive and very supportive user community
- R allows you to apply the R community’s contribution in your analytics
- R makes you extend data processing and utilization capabilities beyond functionalities provided by SPSS
- R is always cutting edge
- R enables you to use the most up-to-date visualization standards.
You will get to know:
- what R is
- what are the basic principles of R
- how to use R in the Market Research
- how to limit the knowledge hurdle
- how to write basic R scripts.
- discover a brief history of R
- get to know what the power of R is
- understand main principles of the R-language
- learn what Packages are and how to use them to facilitate your day-to-day work
- find out how to get answers and resources to complete your R challenges
- get familiar with methods preventing you from falling at the first hurdle in using R
- make your data analytics for the Market Research Industry more efficient (optimizing cleansing, processing, merging, visualizing).
The training is designed for Market Researchers and Data Scientists/Data Analysts:
- experienced with SPSS
- looking for automation of research projects
- looking for more data-processing and analytical freedom to innovate their
- R and RStudio should be installed before the training (instructions will be shared with attendees in advance)
Depending on the participants preference this workshop is in Dutch with English material / Afhankelijk van de deelnemers is dit een Nederlands gesproken workshop met gebruik van Engelstalig materiaal.
|Location||MOA, Kingsfordweg 151, Amsterdam (Regus gebouw)|
This training is for participants that do not have much experience in scripting. No previous knowledge of R is required.
Deze workshop is voor deelnemers die met het onderwerp: 'Weinig ervaring hebben (A niveau)'
||50% theory en 50% practice|
|Max. number of participants||15|
Participants need to bring their own computer. Deelnemers dienen hun eigen computer mee te nemen.
|MOA-members / MOA-leden*||€ 370,-- excl. BTW|
|Members of Logeion, VBO and VSO / Logeion, VBO- en VSO-leden||€ 370,-- excl. BTW|
|Not a member / Niet-leden||€ 570,-- excl. BTW|
|Training material, lunch, coffee, tea is included. / Lesmateriaal is inbegrepen. Lunch, koffie en thee zijn inbegrepen.
* MOA members are members with a personal membership (not only a company membership) / Onder MOA-leden verstaan we een persoonlijk lidmaatschap, dus niet alleen een bedrijfslidmaatschap.
* Onder MOA-leden verstaan we een persoonlijk lidmaatschap, dus niet alleen een bedrijfslidmaatschap.