This can only be achieved via the highest standards of fact-based insights that lead to truly effective brand positioning, marketing and communications.
Within this context, your mission in this role is to strengthen this process for Performance Coatings as part of the newly established central global Coatings Marketing team. In doing so you deliver powerful ‘outside-in’ thinking and an empirical approach to our global Coatings Marketing strategy.
As such, the role demands an ability to think conceptually and strategically combined with a hands-on and practical approach as there will be only one Insight Analyst supporting this function for the time being. It also demands an ability and willingness to build Insight & Research capabilities in the wider marketing community as you lead the development of a global, cross-business unit insights generation and application roadmap.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as an analytical professional with a real passion for customer (insights) in a B2B environment? Do you have a solid knowledge of analytical tools and statistics along with a good understanding of the market research landscape and its networks? Have you developed a good understanding of core marketing capabilities, particularly insights generation, customer journey and touchpoints, brand proposition, brand portfolio, brand health and communication development? Above all, do you have what it takes to make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Global Insights Manager
The role and its responsibilities
This fascinating and influential role is based at our Global Center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Your core task is to build up our overall capabilities in insight generation and understanding, research and KPI tracking within the Coatings B2B marketing community, and to foster best practice sharing. In doing so you ‘own’ the global customer insight agenda for all brands, channels and markets across all Coatings business units. This requires you to:
- Assume responsibility for driving the development of insight around segmentation, brand architecture, brand planning, customer buying journey and touchpoints, developing and managing all global market research and insight programs, both custom projects and tracking;
- Act as the expert and advisor on quantitative and qualitative research methodologies in order to answer the insight/data needs at hand;
- Bring an understanding of the Market Research agency landscape including new contenders from the digital space, and the costs involved into the Coatings business;
- Establish and strengthen a solid network across Market Research agencies and associated specialists;
- Envision and lead synthesis of data across multiple sources to identify macro-level themes and insights.
It is imperative that you have the experience and skills necessary to explain and build cases that guide stakeholders towards decisions based on fact-based insights.
To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
- Master’s degree or equivalent and 10 years working experience in relevant roles with proven knowledge of insight generation and market research methodologies, ideally in a B2B context;
- Multi-country experience, able to manage priorities and work flexibly as part of team, independently, and with business owners;
- Resilient, service-minded and action-driven, strong in follow-through and able to operate in ambiguous and changing environments while engaging and mobilizing towards fact-based decisions both upwards and downwards;
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, a real eye for detail and a capacity for outside-in thinking;
- Competent and comfortable presenting to senior management;
- Strong influencing and communication skills including a high level of written and spoken English.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment including group insurance, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance and an above industry standard number of vacation days. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application, reference 1900000I. Apply online via this link. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Ariane Kräutner, Senior Talent Resourcing Partner, phone +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information, visit www.akzonobel.com.
Keywords: Marketing insights, market research, data, research, marketing, B2B, branding, Amsterdam, international