This can only be achieved via the highest standards of fact-based insights and project planning that lead to truly effective brand positioning, marketing and communications.
Within this context, your mission in this role is to manage research projects with external agencies, interpret research data (both quantitative and qualitative) and clearly and persuasively communicate the findings and their implications. You then translate key learnings and insights into actionable business strategies.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a proactive and hands-on research professional with a genuine interest in consumer behavior? Have you acquired a good understanding of common market research methodologies and an awareness of best practice in quantitative and qualitative research? Can you drive optimized business results through better insights? Above all, do you have what it takes to make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Global Consumer Insights Manager
The role and its responsibilities
This fascinating and influential role within our Global Insights Team is based at our Global
Center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Your core task is to manage market research projects, interpret research data and make recommendations that help internal stakeholders to identify risks and opportunities from the consumer perspective.
In doing so you:
- Integrate consumer understanding into data interpretation;
- Envision and lead the synthesis of data across multiple sources to identify macro-level themes and insights;
- Plan and recommend appropriate and cost-effective research approaches with your manager’s guidance and support;
- Obtain research supplier bids and recommend suppliers.
As such, this is an integral and wide-ranging position in which you must be able to balance multiple projects while maintaining a high degree of quality and integrity.
To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
- Master’s degree in an area such as Business Administration or Marketing;
- 5-8 years working experience with advanced skills knowledge in consumer or business to business insights;
- Good PowerPoint and Excel skills along with knowledge of analytical tools and statistics;
- Numerate with a real eye for detail;
- Ability to manage priorities and work flexibly as part of team, independently, and with business owners;
- Strong influencing and communication skills including a high level of written and spoken English.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment including group insurance, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance and an above industry standard number of vacation days. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via this link or via our website www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 19000SN. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Denise de Bock, Talent Resourcing Partner, phone +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening will be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information, visit www.akzonobel.com